Manhattan Island circumnavigation swims
Combined list of Manhattan circumnavigation swims, 1915 to present, including:
- Manhattan Island Marathon Swim - annual race organized by the Manhattan Island Swimming Association (1982-1991) and NYC Swim (1992-2015).
- 20 Bridges and 40 Bridges - solo and group swims sanctioned by New York Open Water.
- Historical (pre-1982) solo Manhattan swims ratified by NYC Swim.
- Solo Manhattan swims ratified by the recognized governing body of the time: MISA (1982-1991), NYC Swim (1992-2015), or New York Open Water (2016 to present).
- The 1930 IPSA race around Manhattan.
Since 2016, the recognized governing body for swims around Manhattan Island is New York Open Water
Manhattan Island Swim Records
- First overall: Robert Dowling (1915)
- First double circumnavigation: Julie Ridge (1983)
- First triple circumnavigation: Stacy Chanin (1984)
- Fastest: Oliver Wilkinson (5:44 in 2011)
- Fastest double circumnavigation: James Loreto (19:36 in 2020)
- Fastest triple circumnavigation: Skip Storch (32:52 in 2007)
- Kris Rutford (23)
- Oldest: Dexter Woodford (77 years in 1991)
- Youngest: Cody Brammer (12 years in 1988)
Directional and Gender-specific
- First woman: Ida Elionsky
- Fastest woman: Rondi Davies (5:44 in 2011)
- First reverse (clockwise) circumnavigation: Kris Rutford (1995)
- First double circumnavigation (male): Skip Storch (2007)
- First triple circumnavigation (male): Skip Storch (2007)
- Fastest reverse circumnavigation: Rondi Davies (11:00 in 2019)
- Fastest double circumnavigation (female): Jaimie Monahan (20:12 in 2017)
- Oldest (female): Pat Gallant-Charette (67 years in 2018)
- Youngest (female): Ida Elionsky (13 years in 1916)
- Most circumnavigations (female): Julie Ridge (11)